Wednesday 7 September 2011

Boredom and its consequences

I was reminded today (by XKCD) of the wonders that boredom can create, i mean how bored do you have to be to make two A.I. chat bots talk to each other? (Here's the video if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY) Whilst a brilliantly clever thing to do, it can have only come about from sheer utter boredom. Actually it could have been the product of a pint in the pub, where many other great ideas are formed. Anyway that's sort of irrelevant as my boredom hasn't given me any great inspirations, just insanity and this blog in fact.

Whilst initially this might not seem a major problem, it is probably is since i'm meant to be filling out my ucas form, but instead find myself watching the new deadliest warrior episode (which is a pretty awesome show, but i'll save that for another day). In case you haven't had the displeasure of filling out a ucas form, i envy you, unless of course you're just putting it off, then you're in the same boat as me and i would highly recommend deadliest warrior. But seriously isn't having to write a personal statement enough, why do i have to fill in everything that's happened to me in the past 7 years of my life. And of course on top of all that there's the actual picking your uni choices on top of that.

Today i decided to sit down and decide on my last two places from a shortlist of 3 universities, a short while later and that shortlist had increased to 7. So i did the only sensible thing and gave up and played angry birds. All that ucas stuff can wait, right now i'm satisfied firing little birds at some pigs, and whoever came up with angry birds must have been very bored, but that is a boredom i am very grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment