Saturday 1 October 2011

Too Busy, Too Early

As the clock ticks over into the afternoon, so far my morning has been relatively productive (despite me sitting here now writing this). You may have noticed that I've changed my blog layout to the new-fangled "dynamic view", please comment on this change since i'm still not entirely sure about it so far, this meant that I've had to find pictures for most of my previous posts in order that the flipcard view works well. This will mean that most my posts will have pictures in now, and hopefully (if i can be bothered) they will be my own pictures, but we'll see about that.

Well that's one thing i've done this morning, but the other much more important one had me up at 7 this morning. This was of course for the England v Scotland rugby match, since my church decided to combine the men's breakfast with the watching of the match, and i have to help set up since my dad organizes the event. However i'm glad that i gave up my lie-in and in the end a few fingernails to watch this match. Whilst not exactly magnificent, it was truly a pulsating match as both teams world cup fate relied on wins. Thankfully England came through but it was too nerve wrecking, but i suppose that's how England play in all sports.

However there is one thing that i found myself getting annoyed at, and to be honest i often find when watching sports with other people, and that is the pure pessimistic views of people. Now, yes it's fine to get annoyed but when people start just to give up hope that is truly annoying (especially when they get vocal about it). I possibly would say i'm an optimist, but that mainly comes from my belief that anything can happen until it's mathematically impossible.

I remember the 2008 F1 season, going into the last race with Hamilton needing a 5th place to win the championship. It was the final few laps and Hamilton pitted for wet tyres putting him back out in 7th, now my dad who is a Hamilton fan got up and left the room at this point, only for Hamilton to regain 5th place on the final corner. Now that's why you should never be pessimistic, because you never know what's going to happen, as the saying goes "It ain't over till it's over".

To be honest i carry this view through all of my life, not just sport and it seems to work. Whilst i won't tell you to have a similar view (because that could cause some sort of liability issue), give it a go and see what happens. But if you don't want to give it a go then next time you're watching sport in public don't be so annoying, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment